Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Woman in the Mirror..

Tonight Greta ( my sister) and I went shopping. We are going on a cruise with our husbands, our Uncle, and our sister, Robyn, and a group of people we know from Tennessee, the first week of October. We were just going to look. (yea, right!) David's Bridal was having a big sale. We tried some on at the Regency store, then headed to the Avenues store. I found an absolutely gorgeous deep dusty rose colored dress with a wrap. Embossed Jacquard, with beads scattered throughout. Scarfy draped bottom. V-neck sleeveless with a matching wrap. Well, this "me" dress didn't fit me, and looked dynamite on Greta ( the Beeotch! And then at check out it was on sale for even less than we thought!) Then I tried a dress she had picked out, not a dress I would typically think of for myself. Sleeveless V-neck black lace cocktail dress with black and blue beads all over.
Very Classic. I went out of the fitting room to look in the mirror... who was that woman? I didn't look like myself. I didn't look like a Mom, or a Nana, I looked like a woman in a beautiful dress. I even kept it on for a few minutes and couldn't get over the difference. I have alot of pretty dresses. But this one is different, at least I felt different in it. Despite my telling her not to, Greta got me the dress, she said I had to have it. And I have to admit I am getting excited about the cruise. I am looking forward to wearing that dress. And maybe getting to know that woman in the mirror..

1 comment:

Nancy said...

She's waiting.