Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Journey..

I wrote this for my sister, Greta, a few years ago. I have thought about it alot lately. At the time she was going through alot and this came to me in a dream about her. So it is with a bit of Deja Vu that I see myself on this journey now..
THE JOURNEY
I take this journey with uncertain steps,
though sometimes I just want to run!
Never too sure which way to turn,
or where I'll end up when it's done.
_____________________________
I look back thinking we've come so far,
yet the road ahead looks longer.
At times it seems too far to go,
& I wish I were a little younger!
_________________________
Too often I feel I am on my own,
and the weight I carry too great.
Or everyone else is so far ahead,
they can't hear my call to "wait!"
_______________________
How much farther must I go?
Does it matter my body aches?
This can't be the journey meant for me,
it must be some mistake.
_____________________________
Yet in the quiet that comes with night,
when all is said and done,
this journey is what I make of it,
almost over, or just begun..
___________
mjs 9/22/02

No comments: