Thursday, August 17, 2006

At My Wit's End!

I have tried everything I can think of, everything the therapist has thought of, everything his teacher has thought of, everything the principal has thought of... and I don't know what else to do. Hunter is not doing well in school. Honestly that is putting it mildly. His teacher considered the first week getting adjusted. She sent home a progress report Monday that had 6 sad faces, 3 neutral faces, and 1 happy face. Hunter & I talked about it, I made up some daily progress sheets and we decided tomorrow was going to be a better day.. but it wasn't, it was worse, and so was the next day, and the next! I got called to the school today because he refused to do his work and was disrupting the entire class. I talked to him, went to lunch and talked to him some more, then after lunch we went and talked to the guidance counselor and then the principal. He agreed to make better choices and instead of trying for a whole day of listening and doing his work, we would try for just the hour and a half left of school. Again he chose to be a brat. I am trying to be consistent. He has lost all TV and pool priveleges until we get a good report from school. He had to get 2 days good report to go to 2 birthday parties that he was invited to this weekend. He will not be going. I have gone down the list of all the behavior options, and the ways to motivate better behavior. We start every morning as a new day, we stay positive and let him know we know he can do it. I was on the verge of tears today when I picked him up because I don't know what else to do. We will stick with what the therapist reccomends and hopefully next week will be better. I am at my wit's end!!

No comments: