Monday, August 07, 2006

What a nice suprise..

Today was busy! I got through Hunter's first day of school..almost cried.. but didn't. I went to the school's Boo Hoo Breakfast for the kindergarten Mom's. It was just a meet & greet kind of thing. There were one or two mom's my age, the rest are young and their kids were their fist to go to school.. so I felt like a nanny goat in a pen full of kids! I didn't stay long. I took the twins to day care, had a nice lunch with Dori, drank a cup of coffee and read my book at the Starbucks right near Hunter's school. Picked him up, took him to karate, picked up the twins and we were back home just before 6 pm.
And the nice suprise was.. I didn't have to worry about dinner! One of our neighbors used to be Kierra & Brianne's math teacher in high school. He & his wife are the sweetest people. Linda called me today and said she was fixing us dinner, when was the best time to bring it by? I told her she didn't have to and she told me yes she did. She had been thinking about us and how at first we had everyone huddled around us and people figure that's not needed anymore and she felt that wasn't right. She wouldn't take no for an answer and I am so glad! I hadn't even planned on dinner and it was great to have it done for me! I told her I would pick it up on our way home to save the trouble of bringing it to us. She made a roast with fresh carrots, rice, biscuits & croissants, gravy, and turnovers! It was all so good, and the kids loved it too! It saved me at least an hour in the kitchen and I was able to get every one bathed and ready for bed without the extra hassle. What a treat and what a nice suprise!

No comments: