Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Bit Disappointed..

I spent the day busily getting ready for a JACKPOTT meeting tonight. That is Jacksonville Parents of Twins & Triplets. I had sent out an e-mail asking for help to do a kind of bake sale at our meeting tonight to help out one of our families with a football team they have taken on this year so their kids could play ball. I was very suprised at the lack of response I got. There were 3 other people beside myself who brought something. I explained what it was for and how I had gotten invoved with JACKPOTT because I thought it a great chance to help each other out and give something back. We would have pooled more money if we just gave them the cash we spent for what we brought! The Mom I was trying ot help has done alot for the club and I was just a bit disappointed by the lack of interest. We almost had more prospective members than our actual members at the meeting. I notice the same ones are always the "givers", willing to do for others and help out when needed. Are my expectations too high? Is it wrong to expect the same level of effort that I bring to it from the others? I do tend to do that sometimes. I am glad for the ones who are so generous with themselves and their time. I am just a bit disappointed in the rest.

No comments: