Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Ant Bully

I am listening to the twins yell & carry on in their room. They are supposed to be taking a nap! LOL. I took them to the movies today to see The Ant Bully.. a very good movie. They loved it. Of course they acted all sleepy in the car so I thought they would actually take an easy nap.. haha.. joke's on me! It was great to be with the 3 of them out of the house, in a fun, yet quiet, activity. They love going to the movies and it gives me a break as far as having to entertain them for an hour and a half. Plus I liked the movie too, so it was all good. Now some of you may be thinking I am crazy to do this myself, but there is a method to the madness. I take the double stroller, which keeps the twins sitting rather than running amok. I bring little bags to give them popcorn in and use little cups to give them fruit snacks or teddy grahams. They have their sippy cups, Hunter gets a kid's pack with a drink, so everyone is happy. As long as the movie isn't too long they do great. Regal has free movies every Tues. at 10 am and AMC has them on Wed. at 10:30 throughout the summer. Today's movie was Racing Stripes which we have on DVD and since it wasn't a cartoon I didn't think the twins would be real receptive. But The Ant Bully was funny and taught a good lesson, so it was worth it. Another plus.. at Regal the twins are free.. AMC charges kid's price for 2 and up. So I guess I will give in and let the twins go in the pool or play on the playground since, from the sound of it, they aren't planning on napping! Maybe they will go to bed early??

1 comment:

Gray Lady said...

Hah! I'm using a sippy cup with my mother. Funny, I just posted about it.