Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dark Water..

Well, I have been up almost all night. Dozed on the couch for about 45 minutes between 2 & 3am. I labeled all of Hunter's school items.. even the pencils! (Now before you claim I am OCD..the teacher's supply list asked us to do that!) Of course I used a label maker.. that may count as OCD so for those who thought it.. you got me!
I finally got the sidebar on this back up where it belongs. I also added a couple more links and I got a copyright for this blog since I may want to publish some of the stuff from it, and I needed one for the Citizens Against Road Rage site. I never know who may come accross it and want to use something from it.. just another way to CMA (Cover My Ass!)
I have my kayak loaded along with the gear. Terri & I are going to take a trip in Guana State Park (South Ponte Vedra Beach near St. Augustine). I wanted to go a couple weeks ago with Hunter but had the soft cast on my foot and couldn't go. Brianne is taking the kids for the day.. God Bless her!! (& Justin). I think the excitement is part of my sleeplessness. I am sure I made quite a picture with the kayak on the front lawn with me sitting in it adjusting the seat (with my fracture boot on, which I am sure added to the comical sight!). But I figured that was better than trying to do it in the water and flipping myself in every time I tried to adjust it. It is the first time using my kayak and seat, so I had to get it all set up. 3 of my neighbors just had to ask me if I was waiting for the tide to come in, or was there a weather bulletin they didn't know about. I am glad I gave them something to laugh about! I will fill you all in later tonight on how my venture into "dark water" turns out. I usually kayak down in Dunnellon on the Rainbow Springs River. It is 7+ miles of spring fed, crystal clear water. Constant 72 degrees. You can see everything in it, which does not include snakes or gators because the water is too cold. Guana is part of the St. John's River system which merges with the ocean just south of where we will be. It is not clear water, which is why I am not taking Hunter. I don't intend to flip or go in unwillingly, but it does happen from time to time. It should be some interesting paddling. I am really looking forward to it! TTYL

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Have fun.