Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Learning to Improvise..

I improvised on another recipe today. I didn't have the exact ingredients, but I found suitable substitutes in my cupboard and it turned out quite well. It has been mentioned to me that I use to be an "all or nothing" type person. I guess in retrospect I was, and to be honest, sometimes I still am. But I have learned to improvise/ compromise alot the past couple of years. Both in recipes and life. There was a time I would either have gone to the store, or not bothered to make something if I didn't have exactly what I was supposed to for the recipe. There have been instances in my life where I would have stood firm with no exceptions or flexibility. I bend a bit more than I use to. I don't give in against what I believe, but I have more acceptance that others may not feel the same or see something the way I do. It doesn't change how I feel, but it is a broader view than I used to have. Imagine that, a leopard can change it's spots.. or at least rearrange them a little!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is just what we like about you! but, most of the time, when I have been there everything turns out great!

Nancy said...

It makes a deeper richer person or food.