Friday, October 19, 2007

Gremlins?

We must have gremlins in our house. (Besides the obvious three!) I just spent over an hour going through all the kids DVDs. I have several empty cases with no movies. And another stack of movies with no cases. Where do they go? How can they just disappear? I have checked behind beds, in toy boxes. All the places our little houdinis could manage to hide them. None, nada. I have moved the kid's DVD collection to inside the bottom of the entertainment center and put all my photo albums in the side section on the shelves. I got tired of them stacking stuff to reach the movies and the constant state of disarray the shelves were always in. I am not sure this is a foolproof way of keeping the area organized, but what the heck, it's worth a shot! I have been feeling very unmotivated about keeping the house clean. It seems just as fast as I clean it up it is trashed again. I am sorting through and getting rid of any broken or unnecessary toys. I will TRY to get them to keep more of their things in their rooms. They prefer to play in the living room so they can be near me when I am cleaning or doing things in the kitchen. But it would be easier to keep things picked up if I could get them to help! It is hit & miss, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Today I seem to be more motivated, so I will make the most of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! were having that issue too, and we don't have kids in the house, we have grown ups, well you might as well say KIDS!!!. We keep missing some the case is there, but like you said, What Happened???