Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Excuse her, she's "ill"..

I am sitting here listening to the kids play at the kitchen table, loudly! They migrate to where ever I am most of the time. Right now I am baking garlic bread in my"too easy to not make it" bread machine. There are pumpkin cookies in the oven, spaghetti sauce heating up and pasta cooking on the stove. (No worries, it is all on low and I have lots of timers set!) You would think with all that going on I would feel uber productive right? Well I don't. Most of it is practically on auto pilot. I have a kitchen to clean, laundry to do, laundry to put away. I really should vaccum and I don't feel like doing any of it! I am at the tail end of a stomach virus that I worked so hard to keep the kids from getting and now I got it. So to top it off I probably won't feel like eating anything I am cooking! I know... 1-800-waaaaaaaa. It just aggravates me.
I was talking to my mother the other day when I first got sick and she was so... not really patronizing, but too nice. She said she understood why I felt so bad since the anniversary of Kierra's death is coming up. I couldn't seem to convince her it was a stomach bug. Of course it is coming up, and yes, I think about it. But it really doesn't feel worse than any other day right now. I am sure on the day it will. It is more in my face that day. But right now it feels like it does every other day. Because it is always here, that ache, that pain. It doesn't go away and just come back on certain occasions. But if you know me, know how my Mom is, then you understand. At least she isn't explaining me away as being "ill". Well, at least not that I have heard of anyway!
So I will finish up all the goodies I am cooking, feed the horde, and see what else I can get done.
Be Well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, we do know both and we still love both of you and I still hear your mom taking both of us outside and down to the road and saying you want to see my trailers!!!!. (LOL) Who can't forget the donuts!!

Nancy said...

no 'ill' was reserved for being single and pregnant. lol. So what t-shirt do you want "Go hike a canyon!" or "Go ride a mule!" ?? love ya