Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm not Superwoman?!

Hunter & I had a long talk a couple weeks ago and agreed that Max deserves a better home. I did what I thought was right in bringing him home at 1 week old because he would have died otherwise. Brian reminds me of a line in the movie "Scrooged"... "scrape em off Claire". But I couldn't just leave him there. He is a healthy, boisterous, lovable puppy now. Just not the brightest crayon in the box. I have not had troupble housetraining big dogs in the past. Max has small dog syndrome.. he doesn't care where or when he goes potty. I do not have the time to give him my undivided attention, and I can't subject the kids to doggie poo & pee on the carpet where they play. Brian was harder to convince than Hunter! Brenda took Max home today. Hunter is so excited that Brenda wanted Max. He knows she will love him and take care of him and he will be able to see Max. I am happy too, I know Brenda will love him and give him an awesome home. I have saved other dogs and found them good homes before. I feel like I should have been able to keep him, to make more time for him. But I guess I can't save the world, I may not be superwoman after all!

2 comments:

New Beginnings said...

there is no failure in hanging up the superman cape once in a while, your a tremendous person MJ and you have a very special place in heaven waiting for you when your done here on earth, to those you hold near and dear you are and will always be a super hero.

Nancy said...

but you'll always be my hero. Nan