Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Taking some Hunter time..

I will not be online or blogging for a few days. Usually I try to take Hunter on a Mom & Me day about once a month. He broke his arm in April and we haven't done anything since, so I owe him about 3 days! I got passes for he & I for the year at most of the parks, so we are going to Busch Gardens on Friday, an Orlando park on Saturday, and if we can work it out, we may go kayaking on Sunday, then be back home Sunday evening. If not we will go to one of the water parks. We haven't been kayaking since the day Kierra died, so I figured this might be a good opportunity to get back in the water for both of us. I posted a few pix from this past weekend and the 4th of July. It went by smoother than I expected. We didn't go to any fireworks because the twins don't like thunder or loud noises, especially Tristan. Maybe they will be better about it next year. Hunter went to Metro park with Brianne & Justin Monday night for fireworks and an outdoor movie.. Madagascar. He had a blast, so he didn't feel like he missed out on anything when we stayed home the next night. We will see fireworks again this weekend at Disney. He is so excited, and so am I. I miss time with him. That may sound silly, I am with him all the time, but for almost the first 5 years of his life he was almost an only child, the other kids were older. Hunter & I did alot of things together. Now there are 2 more kids demanding my time & attention, and although he knows why, and he loves them.. his life has still changed dramatically. He has alot of anger issues. Not really directed toward the twins, but at Kierra's death and at "that bad man who killed her" as he puts it. So if I can put a smile on his face and give him some of my time, it is well worth it. Brenda, Greta & Randy, and Brianne & Justin are all tag teaming and caring for the twins so Hunter & I can do this. A ginormous THANK YOU to them..It takes a village to raise a child..

No comments: