Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Twilight Zone..

Yesterday was a busy day. The twins went to Kids by The Hour while I took Hunter to his therapy appt. He & I also picked up our meals from Super Suppers ( what an awesome find that place is!). Then we picked up the twins and took them to Supercuts where Kierra worked to get their hair cut. Sue was there, but I didn't recognize anyone else. Alexa's bangs don't cover her eyes now, and I only trimmed Tristan's around the sides and back. Sue asked how things were going. Then I took the kids to Applebees where Kierra worked for an early dinner. They don't have her pictures up anymore. I realized they don't at Supercuts anymore either. At Applebees Melissa was the only person I knew there. It seems strange with Andrea gone. The twins recognized Melissa and got all excited. They were all good. It just felt strange. Familiar, but not.
There is a shift from what was before, and what is now. And how things were after Kierra's death and now, 8 months later. I know she isn't forgotten really, they've just gotten past it, moved on. The world keeps turning. It just felt a little "twilight zone" for me. Like I am moving between 2 dimensions, and I never quite know when the "shift" is going to happen, and it seems like I am the only one who feels it.

No comments: