Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Twisted Path..

I am not the sum of what I am going through. It doesn't have to define me.
Sounds good doesn't it? Terri sent me a link to a blog.. (Thank You Terri!) It was very interesting and inspiring. I feel like I have lost myself since Kierra's death. I know I am still in here somewhere, but I have been swallowed up by everything else. I get up each day and go through all the motions. But it is all driven by my grief, by what Kierra's death has done to my life. I put a quote on a site I had to register for to comment on this woman's blog.. it is a one line bio.. and what came to mind was;
"I am on a twisted path of my life's journey.. and I am not always the driver."
A dozen cliches' come to mind about controlling our own destiny, about being the only one who can change ourselves, about having the will power to overcome what holds us back. Again, it all sounds good. It just isn't so easy to apply. I will find myself, and I will regain control. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.....................(?)

No comments: