Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Affirmation..

For all the downs, there are "ups" too. Vicky, a friend from St. Pete, came to visit on her way to Fort Walton Beach. She and her son Ryan stayed over Saturday and Sunday. I am not used to having so much company! Ryan was great with the kids and as always, Vicky is a great listener. I must be selfish, because between Vicky & Terry, I really enjoyed having grown up/ girl time. I get it from time to time with Greta and Brenda, and when they can, from Dori, Terri, & Nancy. But it was awesome to have someone here burning the midnight oil with me too.
And it reaffirmed for me that despite the users I have tolerated way too long, I am surrounded by loyal, loving people who truly care. That helps alot. It has been hard for me to realize that Kierra's death has been a way for some people to think I will forgive anything and everything. That with her death I became... what? Complacent? Tolerant? Stupid? Yes, life is short, we should love everyone, yada, yada, yada. That is true when it is reciprocated. I have never liked one sided situations. If I give respect and honesty.. damn straight I expect it back. OK, I am off on a tangent again.. I am almost sorry. Not totally sorry because people need to know I am not just spouting then over it.
So Thank You Terry & Vicky for giving me some much needed affirmation. I love you both and wish you lived closer! And thank you Ryan for being so great with the kids, despite the many times you got stepped on!

No comments: