Friday, November 30, 2007

Channeling Martha Stewart!

A sure sign I am feeling better.. I channeled Martha Stewart today! I had gotten some plain wooden cut out Christmas trees at Hobby Lobby to use on my mantel. I decided not to use them so back in the bag they went to be returned. I bought 5 sprigs of holly berries for the same purpose and only used 4. I have a thing about empty spaces. I have to fill them. With all the deocrating I did in my entry way there was a definite void on the ledge over my front door. I put some snow fluff up there, then decided to use the wooden trees. But they were too plain. Then it happened.. Martha popped into my head. I snipped all the red berries off the spare sprig and hot glued them to the trees. I had just enough. Then I hung some fake mistletoe in the center of the arched window. Under the mistletoe I put the 2 kissing bears Brian's mom gave us years ago with little ribbons on them saying Gramma & Grampa. It is all Martha's fault, and looks really cute! The kids love it, they go from one thing to another.. it's Mismas! HoHoHo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your feeling better, Im so glad, I think the joy of Christmas besides the true meaning is the kids, wish I could be there before it happens.