Monday, November 12, 2007

Every Day..

I have been asked why I am not having any type of memorial service for Kierra tomorrow. I know some people need that sort of thing, or think they do. But I don't. I don't want to make more of the day she died than I do of all the days she lived. I miss her every day. I try to celebrate her life. Not commemorate her death. Her friends & family should get together to spend time with her children, celebrate the life she had, the lives she created and had to leave behind, not to mourn her. And not just on the day she died.
Yes, I will mourn her tomorrow. I will mourn her and everything we lost on that day 2 years ago. But I will do it by taking a walk on the beach, maybe take her kids to the park. Maybe I will go see a movie..of course a scary one, those were her favorite! Because that is what I do often when I miss her, on all the days I am reminded that she was taken from me. So do what you want/need to do. Remember her however you feel will honor her in your memory and your heart. That is what I do every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I will be as I already have. So close in both deaths that I have at the same mth. Too hard sometimes to celebrate. But, know we are there.