Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Claw!


The claw
Originally uploaded by mommanana
Or hook, whatever the kids decide to call it at any given time! Note the color, purple was the only color they had at the ortho office yesterday. I have to wear this for at least 4 weeks. They think the break will heal enough by then for me to start physical therapy on the tendons and muscles I messed up when the finger seperated from my hand. I am getting used to doing things one handed! I can't use the salt & pepper grinders very well, and I have to be careful not to drop anything breakable when I am getting things in and out of the fridge. In the light of day at the doc's office I decided I really didn't need any drugs. In the dark of night I cursed myself. I will manage with my tylenol since they said I have to take that, not my Advil that I prefer.
A bonus is that the hard cast will protect my hand when I go horse back riding.. did you actually think I wouldn't still do that?! The downside is.. I can't kayak, and it is a bear trying to wash dishes or shower! Everything is a trade off!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

guess that just means more horseback riding to make up for the lack of kayaking.

Anonymous said...

well, I didn't think that would slow you down, as it didn't with your foot. At least it's purple. At not to have to wear it for 6 weeks. Again, at least you can walk. (lol)