Saturday, November 17, 2007

Time change..

It has been a busy few days. Thursday night I was up til 4:30 am cooking for a Teacher appreciation lunch at Hunter's school on Friday. So I only got a couple hours sleep. I volunteered at the school a couple hours yesterday and got through most of the day. It gets dark so early now it is hard to gauge time. I thought for sure it had to be late. I felt absolutely exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open. So I decided to get the kids ready for bed and turn in early. When I checked the time it was..... only 6pm! The kids thought it was so cool that we ate pizza in our pajamas. We watched transformers and they fell asleep on the couch. I put them to bed, put away some laundry, dozed on the couch about an hour, cleaned the kitchen, spent a few minutes with Brian when he got home around midnight, and went to bed about 12:30-1am. My head hit the pillow..and Alexa woke up crying. I got her a drink, and tucked her back in. (They used to take a sippy cup to bed so they would have a drink if they woke up, but we got rid of almost all sippy cups this week!) I got back to my bed, just started to fall asleep, and Tristan woke me up for a drink. He walked right past Brian.. my drinks must taste better! Finally I got back to bed and crashed. Brian tried to let me sleep in this morning before he went to work, but in this house that is next to impossible. So far today I have fixed the kids breakfast.. mini muffins, bananas, scrambled eggs, bacon, & toast. Completely emptied and cleaned out the fridge, read and answered 20 emails, caught up on the blogs I like to read, and now I am going to sweep and mop the kitchen floor. It just hit 11 am! I wish I could convince them to take naps!
I say I will get to bed early, but I know I won't. I am tired often, but this kind of tired is different. Chad says it is because when you break a bone it wears out your body to heal it. I don't remember being this exhausted when I broke my foot. My therapist said it could be depression. But I am often depressed and it isn't the same. So who knows, I figure I'll blame it on the time change!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy, if you can fiqure it out please let me know as that is how I have been feeling. By the middle of the day, I want to go to sleep and I never feel that way.
Maybe Chad is right, but, it's been awhile since I have had a fracture. Shhh!!!.I have broken it 3x shhhh!!!.

Nancy said...

Gee, with all that going on go figure! I'll go with your answer...time change.