Monday, November 05, 2007

Counting on my fingers & toes..

I got to do two things I really like to do this weekend.. wait actually more than that, so help me count: (not listed in order, but how they pop into my head)
1.) Got away with my daughter & my friend for the weekend ( a 2 for 1!).
2.) Stopped at the ranch on the way up (& back) and went horse back riding! (another 2 for 1!)
3.) Went to the mountains and saw fall foliage and felt cool, crisp air..very crisp, there was frost on the ground Sunday morning & our bathing suits froze!
4.) (explanation of the frozen suits..) Went into a hot tub outdoors in very cold weather, warmed up with the hot water and Asti!
5.) Got to go to the top of a mountain and see awesome beauty during my favorite time of year.
6.) Went shopping in a quaint little town, Helen...well duh! We were in the mountains, not Siberia!
7.) Got to stay in a rustic cabin complete with stone fireplace.

It was different to spend time in close qaurters with people I don't really know. The Jax Kayak group gets together locally, but not often for weekend trips. There are some I wish I had more time with and some, I wish not to! I am sooo spoiled by those I know & love! Thank you all!! As usual Terri, Bri, & I made our own fun and had a great time. I would like to visit there again. It would have been cool to kayak, maybe another time. They are having an awful drought and the water levels are too low. Oh!, & I learned a new Mantra.. you fill in the blank.. "Not my ____, Not my problem!" (ie; kid, family, credit card, husband, house, etc.) It works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! IM JEALOUS!!! NOT ME, I STAY IN CUBA, I LIVE IN CUBA, AND FEEL CUBA ALL AROUND. I MIGHT START SPEAKING IT AND PASSING IT TO HUNTER. (LOL). I WANT A HOT TUB, FRESH MOUNTAIN AIR, AND TIME SQUARE! HINT!! HINT!! SOMEONE'S B-DAY IS COMING. OH! WELL I LIKE THE FEEL IN THE BLANK DEAL GUESS I WILL USE IT FOR WORK, CAN YOU MAKE ME A LARGE MEMO?

Nancy said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. I miss ya'll