Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Today sucks some more..

I damaged, and pretty much lost, a very important relationship today. We sometimes use an attorney we have known for years. She has been instrumental in some very important events in our lives. She handled Kierra's name change for us, she handled Hunter's, (and Katie & Cody's) adoption for us. We met her in another legal situation before all that. She is why Kierra chose the name Alexa. She has been handling some paperwork for us and more than once her assistant has made mistakes and given me misinformation. The most recent incident caused some major problems with my credibility with Alex. (the twin's biological father). From a legal standpoint it is within the norm, but from a moral standpoint, I consider the wording used in a document she filed to be misrepresenting and wrong. And, unfortunately, so does Alex. It also makes it look like I lied to him, when I went by information her assistant gave me. She is going to write Alex a letter explaining the miscommunication, which will hopefully fix that issue between he and I. The document can't be canceled and refiled without legal cause. Technically there isn't any. She feels if I don't trust her asistant, I don't trust her. That really isn't true. I tried to explain to her that I trust and respect her completely. I just don't know that I could trust her assistant anymore due to this and past issues. I understand how she feels, but cannot change how I feel. I cannot afford to have Alex upset with me. I feel so heartbroken over this. I feel like I had to sacrifice her to keep things on an even keel with Alex. She does not feel comfortable continuing to be our attorney. And I can't stop crying...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you are on trust, it just has to work out, and some how it will. I don't think you will have too many issues with Alex. Were here for you.

Anonymous said...

I love you deary...more than you know! This too shall pass.

Nancy said...

I am so sorry....