Saturday, December 01, 2007

Just "fine"..

I started my day with a broken stocking holder, a very red ear, and flourescent yellow crayon melted all inside my dryer and all over Alexa's new jeans! Tristan learned the hard way not to pull on the stockings on the mantel. The Mickey stocking holder hit his ear on the way to the floor and is quite heavy. No cuts, but it will probably bruise. I hope Alexa learned by example. I repaired the broken stocking holder, (Thank You super glue!) and on to the next disaster..
I just bought Alexa a couple pairs of jeans because she has less pants than the boys do. I washed them with a load of jeans and then threw a couple pair along with a pair of Hunter's jeans into the dryer so they could get dressed and we could go to a Santa party. When I opened the dryer everything, including the inside of my dryer, was flourescent yellow! Thank goodness I turned Lexie's new jeans inside out.. just the cuff and waistband show bright yellow, but the other jeans weren't so lucky. No one knows where the crayon came from or whose pocket it was in. I check most pockets, but for over a dozen pair of puny jeans there is bound to be a missed one.. obviously!
I cleaned out my dryer somewhat and will finish it later. We went to the Santa party, will post pix when I get them. I then dropped them at daycare for a couple hours so I could run some errands in relative peace & quiet. The time flew by too fast and here we are back home. In the past half hour Alexa has gotten soap bubbles in her eye, Hunter and Tristan bumped heads, and I am about to throw every little toy & whistle they got at that party straight into the trash so they will quit arguing who got what color, etc!
Other than that we're just fine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a dull moment at the shore house, can't wait till I come. How many more weeks do I have??? I think it's 3 more weeks.

Nancy said...

Sounds like the Rascal Flats song...

Nancy said...

I stand corrected it was by Lonestar.