Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Let the games begin..

Brian got a Brookstone catalog in the mail the other day and debated getting new LED lights for our tree. We decided to wait and maybe get some on sale after Christmas for next year. I had lunch with my friend Vicky on Sunday and explained the Christmas Tree Light Game we play every year. We have 2 sets of lights that can be set for over a dozen different patterns. It can be quite a chore to get them synchronized, but they look great when they are all done. I like them on constant, or on a slow, calm wave. Brian likes to set them to trick me. There is a pattern that starts out on constant, then goes completely out, then flashes one color at a time until all are flashing, then starts the constant, out, etc, all over again. My least favorite pattern I have nicknamed "prelude to a seizure." It starts out in a nice, calm wave throughout the tree. Then it speeds up gradually until it is frenetically flashing like a disco strobe light gone awry. Brian likes to mess with the patterns, I like to leave it alone, once it is set where I want it! Another Shore tradition, twisted as it may be.. let the games begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something me and my dad would do to eachother! ha ha!

Nancy said...

I remember you 'letting' us decorate your tree. Dori and I wondered how long it would take for you to redecorate it. They 'decorated' the tree in our lobby today, and I thought 'man, MJ would have a fit!' as I spotted all of the dead space, the colors so badly placed...HELP I'm turning into MJ! I say it with love as I giggle to myself thinking the hooch who decorated has so much more to learn. Love ya Nan