Monday, February 02, 2009

Time Marches On..

Okay, well I guess it was my turn to disappear! I didn't really, but I have been absent from blogging. By the time my day is at an end and I think of getting online, it is late and I am tired. I have been dealing with a bout of "Reactive Mono/Epstein-Barr Virus", which my doc says is not contagious. It will flare up when I am stressed or my immune system is low. For years I have had what they thought was Pharyngitis, once or twice a year. Now she thinks it was this instead.
Add to that some "female" problems, which have left me severely anemic, and I have been wiped out. I am looking forward to having these issues resolved soon and I am starting to feel better.
Things have been busy as usual. We registered Alexa for Kindergarten last week. Tristan is automatically registered because he attends preschool where they will attend Kindergarten. They will be 5 this Wednesday, seems hard to believe so much time has gone by. They have lost that toddler look and have become their own "little people". Although Tristan has started climbing into our bed at night and insists I "Tuckle" him in. That is his new word for tucking him in and getting to snuggle.
I registered them for the free pass to Disney for their birthday. Brian & I will take them Wednesday for the day. It isn't such a big deal for them to miss preschool for one day. Brianne will pick up Hunter and have some one on one time with him which he doesn't get too often. Then we will take him on his own for his birthday.
Time marches on. It both amazes and frightens me. I had a difficult moment this afternoon when I was going to pick up the boys at their bus stop. I missed Kie so much it took my breath away, it was physically painful. Not because of a song on the radio, or any other obvious reason. It just hit me. Broadsided me right out of the blue. That doesn't happen as often as it used to. I miss her often, I think of her many times throughout my day, but it hasn't slammed into me like that in quite a while. I called my friend Terry M. and we talked about it, then talked about other things so that by the time I got the boys I was back in control.
I am sure this week will be emotional for me, for Brian too. I am so glad I have him to lean on, to understand my pain and to love me. We will get through the twin's birthday together, with them, and make the most of their day. We will give them great memories and great fun. Kie would want that for them, we do too. So we take it day by day... as time marches on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IM so glad you called, Im glad I could help. How I miss her phone calls at night.
The twins are so very lucky two have you and Brian, it's taking One Day and One Step at a time, you both are doing great!