Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He's getting too big.. for his britches..

Hunter has informed me that although he may like to watch the movies and cartoons, he is too old to wear Disney Character clothes. I thought at least the Power Rangers would be okay, but no, not even them. He is too big for that kind of stuff and wanted me to put them away for Tristan to wear to kindergarten. I guess it's a good thing Hunter is small for his age, so Tristan may actually be able to wear them in the fall. I guess 2nd grade is a bit big for Character clothes. I thought they looked pretty cool, but not to 8 year old boys who want to be bigger. I wish he wouldn't grow up so fast. I wish he still liked to run around wearing Winnie-The-Pooh. I wish he was that chubby baby all cute, cuddly, & full of giggles. He is still full of giggles, they are just harder won. I may think he is cute & cuddly, but he doesn't want to be considered a baby in any way, shape, or form. I wasn't prepared for this. I had forgotten how important it is for boys to be big, to be more than just a little kid, to look the part of being a little man. No more shopping at the Disney Store for him! I guess it will be Tony Hawk & NFL gear from now on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget to even get the new thing tapout everyone is wearing them shirts, he is just too big, and growing fast. It amazed me just to watch him. I found a pic of him being so little.