Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Brianne update

Brianne is spending another night at the hospital. They are downgrading her from ICU to a regular rm. and she should come home tomorrow. Her catscan came back normal today and she got the all clear from the neurosurgeon. She was thrilled to get the neck brace off. She has already gotten some negative comments about horse back riding and if it was worth it. I told her to blow them off. She knows herself and she knows the horse. It was an accident. Wether she rides again or not it is HER choice. I will not be upset if she chooses not to ride anymore. I don't know how to convince others that it was a fluke. She will obviously be more careful and wear a helmet. She shouldn't have to justify herself to anyone. We went over what happened. She knows the mistakes that were made, by her and the horse. I let her know the most important thing to worry about is recovering, not anything else. I don't think she needs to be preached to about the perils of horses. I think that lesson was self-taught yesterday! We should all be thankful she is okay and on the mend. I know I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen to that, it's like riding a bike you fall off,you got to get back on and try and try again,till you can say look dad look mom no hands.
IM so glad she is better can't wait to hug her this weekend.