Saturday, February 07, 2009

Patience & Practice..

I think I think too much. I worry about every little thing. I try to be sure everyone is happy. That they have what they want and don't want for anything. It is exhausting! It isn't a constant thing, I go through phases. It is like the tides, it comes and goes. It keeps me too busy to worry about me. I have tried recently to shift that concentration and pay more attention to what I need. Right now I have some health issues which require me taking my meds like I am supposed to and paying attention to my body and what it needs. I am not used to that, and my health has suffered at times because of it. It is easy to say I can't take care of others if I don't take care of myself and know that is true. It is harder to apply that theory to my everyday life. I am not a spring chicken, and I have not always lived a healthy lifestyle. I am trying to do better. In the past 5 months I have lost 42 pounds. That is a big step to being healthier. I have found some of my health concerns were disguised by my weight and the issues we blame on being heavy. Now I have to address my issues and take the steps to making myself healthier. It can be hard to accept that we are not as strong as we think we are, or not invincible. It is difficult to balance caring for others and caring for ourselves. It isn't impossible, it just takes patience and practice. I am up to the challenge of practicing, I am not so sure about finding the patience!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Charity begins at home...do you hear that echo?