Saturday, February 14, 2009

The language of children..

They say the darnedest things!
*Tristan wants to be "tuckled" in. That is a cross between a snuggle and being tucked in!
*Alexa "can't like that" if there is something she doesn't want to eat or isn't sure of.
*Alexa has picked up "darnit" and "Holy Cow", she has been saying them all morning!
*Tristan still says "Wow, I did not see that one coming!" whenever something suprises him.
*When Tristan has done something he thinks will get him in trouble he comes up and says "I Love You" out of the blue. I have learned to tell him I love you too, what did you do? He usually answers honestly.
*When Alexa wants to stall she will say "Just 5 more minutes, just 5, okay?"
* They think "Stupid" is the bad "S" word.
*"But the sun is rising" is Tristan's reasoning to get up at dawn.
These are just a few of the cute things they say. Their minds are constantly learning and merging what they think with what they hear. I have to really watch what I say!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Stupid is the bad S word. These are so cute; I can hear them in my head