Friday, March 07, 2008

What's News...

There was an article in the paper yesterday that really stirred up alot of emotion for me. I know Kierra's death is great media fodder. I know it will be talked about whenever road rage comes up. I get so upset because they quote people's opinions instead of facts, so once again they gave wrong information, which pretty much blamed Kie for her own death, etc. Then they showed a pic of Brian and I with "our van that we made into a memorial for our daughter." They showed a pic of the back corner of the window on the van which shows a fairie with Kierra's name and dates. They did not show or mention the "citizensagainstroadrage.com" that is on both sides of the van, or the "Road Rage Kills" that is accross the back. They used the most ineffective shot they had from their files.
Now I wish I could put into action all the things people tell me to do. "Just ignore it. Don't let it get to you. Shake it off. Remember she wouldn't want you to be upset." Seriously? I can't just switch my emotions off. If I never read a paper, watch the news, or listen to people who call to tell me about it.. then I can ignore it, shake it off.. not let it get to me. But once it is in my brain I can't just erase it. Brian talked to a reporter for the paper yesterday, so I guess we will see what kind of spin he puts on things. That is one of the most aggravating things. No matter what you say, they put their own spin to it. They leave out parts of what you say and fill in their own opinion for the rest. I hate that!
I am off to the ranch this weekend.. by myself.. to regroup, recharge, relax.. ttyl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will always be a part of your life, people like to find things when there is none and try to blame that person. But, for me! I remember when I was reading some and you told me not to read them as I got upset.
But, people don't know her and don't know who and what she should for if this makes sense.