Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Freaked Out by a Field Mouse

I can see the headline now.. "A local woman lost her mind today after being freaked out by a field mouse in her garage!" It was small compared to our guinea pig, which does not freak me out at all. And I have had hamsters and not been freaked out either. So what is it about this little mouse that I have heebie-jeebies just thinking about going back out to the garage? You know where there is one, there are bound to be others.. have you seen the movie Ratattouille? I had planned to clear it out over the next week. I have new storage sheds in the back yard to help make room. Now it is imperative it be done asap, and I am on my way to the store to buy glue traps. I may not want them in my garage, but I do not want them killed either.
It reminded me of a time, almost 25 years ago, when Brian, Kierra & I were moving into a new house. It had been empty awhile. I was cleaning and painting before we moved in. I had cooked a weight watchers ziti dinner and had set it on the stove top to cool off. I had it near the front edge of the stove. I was in the next room when I heard a strange sound from the kitchen. I walked in just in time to see my ziti on the floor and a small field mouse perched on my stove with sauce on his front paws. He scampered away leaving little sauce prints on my stove. I was freaked out then too and pretty upset that my lunch was ruined. We had to use the old fashion traps and caught more than one.
I am not looking forward to the evacuation of our garage tenant and whatever buddies he has with him. The only evidence he was there was just in the one box I found him in. I haven't seen anything else. I guess I can thank the preserve right next to our house for this new adventure. A neighbor had mentioned snakes coming & going, which I have not seen much of, but no one has warned me about mice! Maybe I can find a snake and let it come in and clear my mouse problem.. strange to think I am less worried about a snake than a mouse! Ugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
That gives me an idea since our mascot has been in our store since September maybe Charles and I and Josh can catch our friend and get our $100.00. They have an award out for our friend.(LOL) Only one customer saw him and he useally doesn't come out in between 2-5am he came out early that night he hangs around the bread isle, he never left on grand opening.