Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've become a Beggar!

Hunter's school is having a Spring BBQ & Auction in April. I have been soliciting businesses for donations of services, merchandise, or gift certificates. I have about 25 I have been working with. I don't want to hound them, but I want to get it done and know what we will have for the auction. There are 800 students at the school, but they have the hardest time getting anyone to volunteer or help with any of the events they do. It drives me crazy. I don't have much free time, but I feel like it is part of parenting to be involved and help better the school that my children attend. You would think local businesses would want to be part of the community as well and have their name put out there as contributing to the welfare of our kids. It can be frustrating to get so little response from both sides. But I will keep trying, like a dog with a bone, I won't give up or give in. So a begging I will go.. Hi Ho Hi Ho!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you call 1-800 Wal-mart they contribute to alot of things why not a school?

Nancy said...

Good luck.