Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck O' the Irish/ Happy St. Patty's Day

Do you think, in the days of old,
they chased after the "pot of gold"?
Did they believe, as some still do
Leprechauns dance unseen by you?
___________________________
Luck o' the Irish, send some my way
my luck isn't better than any other day!
I'll kiss a stone, I'll dance a jig
I'll even roast the fatted pig!
___________________________________
With corn beef & cabbage we'll have to make do
til some other day our wishes come true.
A hungry man's treasure some say that may be,
but it doesn't match chasing rainbows for me!
_____________________________
Chase me a rainbow to the other end,
eye the pot those "little people" tend.
A true Darby O'Gill I'll finally be,
and at last the Leprechaun I'll see!
___________
mjs 3-17-08

No comments: