Saturday, March 15, 2008

Loving & Liking are not the same!

Do you ever have days when you don't "like" the ones you love? If you are saying "no, not me, I like and love everyone all the time"... Liar, Liar, pants on fire!
Hunter was up at the butt crack of dawn this morning after spending an awesome day at Seaworld yesterday with Terri, Savannah, & Jess. He was supposed to go with me to Disney tomorrow to see a family friend from Nebraska who is performing there. He will not be going. He must have been bored this morning so he got into my tool drawer in the kitchen. I had just gotten a new cutter that folds up like a pocket knife. It has a safety latch and a case to put it in. He managed to figure it all out and proceeded to slice up the back of our couch! There is a nice gaping square in the middle of the back and several slices. After the fear receded that he could have cut himself, the outright anger that he had damaged something so blatantly filled in fast. We talked about how dangerous that knife was and we talked about why he would do that. Of course his answer was "I don't know." Then it was because he thought there were some toys inside the couch, and he wanted to get them out. Good enough reason for a 7 year old, but not good enough for me not to be mad about it! So he is not going to Disney. He will be lucky to come out of his room before he's 30! I am off to find my invisible thread and am hoping a loop stitch will help repair the damage. Our couch sits away from the wall, with the back in full view.. I can't think of many other ways to arrange it with the open set up we have. I Love him, I Love him, I Love him.... but right now I don't like him at all!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

The adventure continues

Anonymous said...

wow! remember he is 7, and you will be dealing with more and more things 7yr olds do, But, We love you Hunter! Breath in and Breath out! As Nancy tells me! THIS TOO SHALL PASS!