Thursday, January 17, 2008

One on One..

It is a rare opportunity that I get to spend one on one time with the kids. I get to have a few minnutes with Hunter when I drop him off or pick him up from school. I can't really count when I volunteer in his classroom because he shares me with 17 other kids! I guess he has gotten the most one on one time because he has gone to the ranch a few times. Once my hand is healed I want to start doing that with the twins too. The other night Alexa just wouldn't settle down and finally I let her come out to the couch long after the boys had fallen asleep. She insisted she was waiting for Papa to come home. We snuggled on the couch and she drew on her Dora Doodlepad. Now she very often will climb into our bed during the night and tends to get a bit extra TLC that way. Hunter does that once in a great while. Tristan will not climb into our bed to sleep. He only climbs up if we are awake and playing around. He will go out to the living room during the night or in the wee hours of the morning, but that is as close as he gets.
Well, last night Tristan got sent to his room at about 6:30 for telling me "No". He was sound asleep in less than 5 minutes. I figured that was no big deal since they go to bed anytime from 7:30 on.. sometimes 7:00 if they are really tired and cranky! Well at about 9:30pm he woke up, wide awake. He started to say "good morning" which he does every morning, but then he looked out the window and realized it was still night. I let him stay up thinking he would tire again in a short time and go back to bed. We had to force him to go to bed at around midnight so we could go to bed! But I did enjoy the time with just him. He played with his cars, drew on his Diego Doodlepad, and scrounged off Brian's dinner plate after he got home from work and finally had the chance to eat something. There were even a couple snuggles too!
Now were you thinking this adventure might have led to Tristan sleeping in later today? You would be mistaken! He was on the couch wrapped in his blanket and ready for the day before my alarm had the chance to go off this morning!
I don't plan on making all our individual time happen late at night, but I do plan on making sure it happens more often!

No comments: