Friday, January 25, 2008

Did I tell you.. I saw Snow?!

Not here at home.. but last Saturday I was up in Madison at the horse ranch.. it was a very cold wet morning, then in the afternoon.. it snowed! Pretty big, whites tufts of snow fluttering through the air. It didn't stick, but was beautiful to watch. I could not remember the last time that I got to watch snow fall down around me. It was awesome. I went to the ranch alone this time, so I didn't have anyone to share it with, but maybe that was the point. It was something I wouldn't have slowed down to really enjoy and appreciate if I hadn't been by myself. There was such beauty and solace in those moments.
It was a crazy weekend other than that, but I enjoyed the break. I spilled a full cup of coffee on a beautiful ,big, victorian comforter..spent the snowy afternoon at the local laundromat because I felt so bad and didn't want it to stain! I lost my horse, I found my horse.. Trekked through the woods in freezing cold weather to find him. Finally rode Lenny out to find him and he took me straight to where Barney was hung up in some tree branches and vines.. not hurt, so we let him run loose to eat and calm down. He must have gone in to get out of the bad weather the day before. I lost him again that afternoon, but found him shortly after.. without his halter. It's a good thing I love that horse! He had been out to pasture because Tortuga has an abcess in her foot and has been inside the barn in his stall recuperating. He has been out to pasture before, many times, with no problems. Let's hope he is smart enough not to get stuck again. They will keep a close eye on him.
The kids had a blast with Terry, Dwight, & Savannah as always. Alexa likes to play the piano while Tristan plays Terri's guitar like a cello on it's stand. They jam out then bow and say thank you! Terri said they wished they could have gotten it on video.. it was so cute! Hunter told me he "chilled out" in the hot tub by himself to get a break from the twins and he gets to ride on Uncle Dwight's motorcycle with him and even got to sleep in the RV. (Dwight said he won't do that again.. Hunter was all over the place, he hardly got any sleep!) It is great that the kids feel so at home there and I know they are well cared for and loved. They are my lifesavers!

No comments: