Wednesday, June 27, 2007

To rescue, or not to rescue..

I have always been a “rescuer".. Of anyone or anything that I thought needed rescuing. In ways both small & great the people around me make my life better. I often wish I could wave a magic wand and make things better for the people I love. Better jobs, better partners, better children, better lives.. better everything. I know I can’t, but that does not change the wishing.
I do the same with my children. That is not always a good thing. I want them to be independent, yet I want to save them the struggles I went through when I was young. I also want to protect them from heartache, which is not possible either. I could not save them from the loss of their sister, or the twins the loss of their mother. Life happens wether we want it to or not. I will still try to "rescue" when I can, and realize it is okay when I can't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay! I understand, I hope they don't have to go through, anymore then what they have suffered all ready.
This just brought tears.
Got a Kleenex?