Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Family tree..

I have lived my life as part of a blended family. As have my children, and now my grandchildren. Hunter has the most complicated mix of all, and the twins will have quite a lot of extended family members as well. I don’t see a problem with that. Hunter’s biological brother and sister, Cody & Katie, were visiting Greta & Randy for a couple weeks. They spent some time with us too. There are many similarities, and many differences. Hunter has asked questions about whose tummy he grew in, and how he is connected to Nana & Pop-Pop when Brianne & Chad call them Aunt & Uncle. I have given him the basic truths and will explain in more detail as he asks more questions and can understand. I want him to know who he is and where he came from. I want the same for the twins. Above & beyond everything I want for them, I want to do what is best for them. That is part of every decision I make. That does not always make things easy.
Feeling the way I do it is hard for me to understand how some people do not put their children’s best interest first. I watch these people and the heartache it causes their families when they don’t know what to do or how they can help them. Some where in almost every family there is one or more dysfunctional members who keep every one else in turmoil. If you are lucky, you don’t have any of those family nuts in your family tree, or you have learned to keep them at a distance. It is a work in progress for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

speak of family! well, your's isn't the only one, and well, you know mine. Need I say more?