Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The power of words..

There are some words I just can't stand. "Hate" is one of them. Now I will say I hate okra, or I hate the sound of nails on a chalkboard. But I don't often say I "hate" a person. It is a strong, emotional word for me. I believe to hate someone you need to really know them, even love them, wether it is a relative or a relationship. There is only one person I feel I truly "hate", maybe two. Would you be suprised to know it isn't Ghazi, the man involved in Kierra's death? I don't know him well enough to "hate" him. I despise him, I wish he had never been born, but I can't say I "hate" him. There are stronger emotions than hate for me. I connect hate with disconnecting myself from that person. So I think you have to be connected to disconnect.
What started this for me today was when Cody said " I hate you" to Hunter when they were arguing about a toy. I explained to him that I don't care for that word when directed at someone else. That hate was a strong word for an argument over a toy. Cody & Katie are not allowed to say "butt", yet he says "hate" without hesitation. I hope he thinks twice before using it again, and it made me think about the power of words..

No comments: