Friday, June 01, 2007

Slow but sure..

I spent the better part of yesterday (Wednesday) at the Beckley house getting things organized, packed, and out of Sam's way. It is a good feeling to be making headway at last. I have had to do it in bits & pieces and usually by myself. Sam is great motivation for me. It is amazing how much stuff was/is still there. If we have lived without it for this long, do we really need it? Most of it belongs to Brian & I. I noticed when we moved into the rental, then into the new house, that I worried more about the kid's things and the basic necessities. It didn't seem like much, but now that it is in boxes and I have to figure out where to put it.. it is alot! And there is still about 50% of the garage to move, including kayaks. I do see light at the end of the tunnel, which is a good thing.
I spent quite a while scraping wallpaper border from Hunter's room. I thought about all the different colors and themes that room has been Brianne had butterflies at one point, and Tinkerbell before she moved to her own place. Kierra had pixie dust and faeries. It was a victorian guest room for a short time, and ended with Hunter's hot wheels. I scraped while Sam patched and prepped for painting, erasing our imprint.
I will carry my memories as long as my mind will let me, yet it still felt odd to watch what has been our home for almost seven years become a generic shell for someone else to mold and change. I liked the house well enough, but I never felt it would be a forever home for us. Our new house felt more like it was ours the moment I saw it than the Beckley house ever did. It seemed like it was always a transition house for us. Alot like all the military moves we did and all the different places we lived.
I am hoping to never move again. They will have to push me out in a wheelchair or gurney to get me out of here!

No comments: