Saturday, June 09, 2007

Lost again!

The other night the twins were very rambuncious and not in the mood to settle down. So I decided we would take a walk around the block. It was about 8:15 when we started out. I thought it was just like any other neighborhood. It was about 20 minutes later when I realized we seemed to be going around the lake, not the block. I called the house and had Chad flip the back porch light on & off so I could get my bearings. There are very few street lights, so other than some house lights it was pretty dark. I saw the light go off & on... accross the lake from where we were! It turns out "the block" is a very loooong block.. about 1.1 miles! Tristan & Alexa did well and walked the whole way. They went straight to bed and went right to sleep when we got back! At 3 year old speed it took us about 45 minutes. So even in my own neighborhood, I got lost walking around the block!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yawnkars right at home

Anonymous said...

this is funny!!!. thanks for the way back CHAD!! SEE, he still has it, THE CHAD! The Chad is Great!