Saturday, March 18, 2006

Too tragic..

This has been a rough week.. Monday the 13th was especially hard. It had been 4 months since Kierra was killed and 2 years since a dear friend was killed in a house fire. Also that day we found out another JSO family had lost their 24 year old daughter to a drunk driver, killing her, on Sunday night. Their family dynamic, years married, so much was similar to us, and unfortunately the loss of a child was another thing in common. There is no preperation for having your child's life torn from you in a sudden, tragic moment like that. Brian & I felt the pain they were going through. Brian took the dad to the airport to pick up family members and I cooked. I knew they would need something besides fried chicken! Brian & I shared some of the past 4 months with them and let them know it is okay to be angry, and not want to hear what some people have to say. They are not horrible people to feel that way, they are people who are going through a horrible thing. I would not wish this on anyone, and Brian & I both wished we could do or say something to help. But nothing helps, especially those first few weeks. Even now for me, there isn't much that comforts me. I do what I have to do to get through the day, each day, one at a time.

No comments: