Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hunter, the Uncle-Brother..

That is what he calls himself. He says since they will live with us forever now, the twins are more like a brother and sister. He told me this just after Kierra's death. His perception amazes me sometimes. When he has seen me sad and asked if it is because I miss Kierra, I tell him yes, and he puts his hand on my face, tells me to close my eyes, and says, "there, can you see her now? she is right there Mommy. All you have to do is close your eyes and you can see her again."
He has been going to grief counseling. He has alot of anger right now..don't we all? I got passes for he & I to go to the Disney parks once a month for him to get some one on one time away from everyone & everything. We went in January, but missed out in Feb. so he & I went this week on Wed. & Thurs. We went to MGM & Animal Kingdom. He asked me when we can bring the twins with us, when will they be big enough to go on rides? I told him it would be awhile, and this time was just for him. He said that was good, but they could come sometimes too.
Hunter was getting a haircut yesterday and the lady was asking him if he has brothers or sisters, and before I could answer for him, he told her he had different brothers & sisters now because we take care of Tristan & Alexa. She commented that must be nice.. and again he jumped in before me with " No, it isn't very nice because their Mom died". The poor girl didn't know what to say. I told Hunter the woman thought it was nice because she didn't know what had happened. His reply was.. " Oh, well, she was my sister and she died, so her babies live with us, and it is nice sometimes, but not all the time."
Then later yesterday we were all getting loaded into the car to go somewhere and I was getting in and asked Hunter to please buckle up, he should have already done that, and he told me Alexa had taken her shoe off and thrown it at Tristan. It made Tristan cry, so Hunter said he was kissing Tristan's boo boo for Kierra.
He is 5 years old..they should be 5 innocent, carefree years old. Like the rest of us, this has changed him. And as a mother, watching her child, all her children, struggle with something this hard, this horrible, it just plain sucks!

No comments: