Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tristan CAN Talk!

I knew he could.. but I didn't know how much and was beginning to get concerned. Alexa seems to do all the talking and Tristan whines or grunts and points his finger alot. When that doesn't work, Alexa talks for him. Well today he talked a blue streak!
I decided to take him for a haircut.. no biggie there.. but I decided to take just Tristan. Hunter & Alexa stayed home with Brian. (and they all survived!) Tristan got upset when we first started to pull out of the driveway.. he yelled and cried "No.. Door! (pointing at our front door), No bye-bye, Dunner, Egga!" (Hunter, Lexa). He cried until we reached the shopping center close to our house.
Then he got excited and started pointing at all the cars in the parking lot.."Cars!". Clear as a bell. In the store he waved and told people "Hi!". When he saw something he wanted he said "Pease?" (Please) and when I let him hold something he said "dangoo" (Thank You!). I have been prompting them all to say please and thank you, but this is the first time I have heard Tristan actually say it! To actually say more than a word or so here and there. It was the most I have ever heard him talk. I took him to lunch and he just kept talking.. more "hi" and "Pease", "dangoo" and "more" when he wanted more to eat or drink. He said "eat" when we first walked in. And told the waiter "dangoo" when they brought our food, so he even used it in the right context!
I know it seems I am easily excited, but I was truly concerned about his speech being so much behind Alexa. I am going to rotate giving them one on one time like that. It was strange to only take one of them. I can't recall doing that since they were tiny babies, and it was just to take Tristan to the doctor then.
They are growing so fast.. Alexa was trying to count my rings on my fingers tonight, and although she didn't know how to say the names of the numbers, she was counting in her own language. We are starting on potty training with her. She is not so sure, but she strips and ditches her diaper anytime she wets or messes in them, so it is time! I am outwitting her by putting on her one piece pajamas backwards, she doesn't like it, but so far she can't get out of it! Tristan doesn't seem to care much about it, but maybe Alexa will help get him motivated. Who knows, maybe he will suprise me with that too!

No comments: