Saturday, April 01, 2006

Just close your eyes...

One year ago today Brian's Dad, Harry, passed away. It seems hard to believe it has been a year already. I think of he & Kierra when the Brad Paisley/Dolly Parton song.. "When I Get to Where I'm Going", comes on the radio. It talks about getting to heaven, "I'd go walking with my Grampa, and he'll match me pace for pace"...Harry lost both his legs to Diabetes and problems due to an injury many years ago, but if you believe we are all healed in Heaven, he would be walking again.. and then the song says "I'd tell him that I've missed him every minute since he'd left..", Kierra journaled about how much she loved him and how he accepted her with no judgements, and how terribly much she missed him. It was even in one of her very last entries. And then the song says " and then I'll hug his neck". No matter how sick Harry was, or what kind of mood he was in when he was sick, Kie was the first to hug & kiss him no matter what. So I try to believe, despite my anger and my doubts. I try to think of her with Harry, and My neices Ashley, & Mada. With Grammy, Nana & Grampy, and Gramma Post, her Grampa Glover, Nana & Pop Mace, Rick Landeck, and Kristen. Kierra never met a stranger, and loved with her whole heart, I figure that won't change, even now.. I am selfish, I want her here with me. Just as I am sure everyone wants the loved ones they have lost to be back with them. So I do what Hunter says.. and I close my eyes....

No comments: