Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Home again, Home again..

The theory that the kids would sleep if we traveled at night was good, the reality was not! Hunter did sleep good both there and back. Tristan slept an hour or 2 on the way up, but Alexa did not sleep at all, and every stop they wanted out! On the trip home they slept about half way. I don't see another trip like that in our immediate future!
They were off schedule for the first few days home. I still have stuff to unpack and put away! It seems so hectic since we have been back. More so than usual! There have been appointments, problems and just every day life to deal with.
One of those "deal with" things has been Alex, the twin's biological father. He called a few weeks ago and left a message for Kierra. He is in the military, Army I think, and needed a copy of their birth certificates to make them his beneficiaries. He is going to Iraq in August. We had no way to contact him before now and didn't know if he had heard about Kierra's death. I called him back and asked to meet. I couldn't tell him on the phone. I remember hearing it over the phone and had to tell too many people that way. We met in Valdosta, GA. It was a hard, long day. He was very upset. It was hard for him to believe. His own mother died when he was the same age as the twins, so I think it brought all that back to him. I have explained to Brian.. I did this because it was the right thing to do.. period. Despite how I feel about his treatment of Kierra in court last year, and the fact that he has not been providing for his children, he did, at one time, love Kierra. And Kierra loved him. They produced children together. And foremost is what is best for the children. I don't know what tomorrow will bring. There are no absolutes..and for now, Alex had a right to know she was killed. So when does this emotional rollercoaster stop??

No comments: