Friday, April 14, 2006

Everywhere..

That is where I see Kierra.. everywhere. We didn't plan this trip to Tennessee solely to avoid the Easter holiday at home, although that is part of it.. we have always enjoyed Tennessee and it is an opportunity for the kids to get away too. And I knew being here the first time since she was killed would bring back alot of memories. She loved it here. We went to Dollywood today and had a good day. I remembered alot of the things we did when Brenda, Kierra, & I came here when she was pregnant. I know Sunday will be the hardest..maybe I knew it would be, but came anyway. Not because of Easter..because Kierra was determined, if she ever got married.. it would be at the Gazebo of my parent's church.. because her Grampa helped build that Gazebo with his own hands, and that is the only place she ever wanted to have her wedding. She knew 2 things for certain. She would be married there and she would dance with her Dad to Butterfly Kisses...and now that day will never come. But Sunday I will go to that church, and see that Gazebo, empty.. with the ghosts of her dreams haunting me.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

My heart is with you. Love you Nance