Monday, January 09, 2006

Relaxation Therapy!

I am blessed in so many ways. I know I have alot to be thankful for. I appreciated many things before Kierra was killed. I now cherish them all so much more.
One of those precious things is friendship. I just spent Saturday, Sunday, and over half of today, with Dori, Nancy, & Terri. It was a weekend trip planned before Kierra's accident to go to Savannah, GA. We stayed at the Mansion at Forsyth Park. It was such a great time. I had some moments where I felt guilty for having fun. My rational mind knows it is okay, but my little voice still tells me I should feel guilty.
I am too tired and too busy to go into too much detail now, but it was a really fantastic weekend. Greta watched the kids with help from my neice Jennifer and Brianne. It helped to know they were in good hands.
We toured the town, ate great food, shopped, (and yes, drank!) One shop we went to had very moving photos accompanied by quotes. Dori bought me one that is particularly special to me and I wrote down a couple more that really touched me. So I will leave you today with those quotes, with the one from Dori first; "There are times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel" "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had shed no tears. Unknown Author" " Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain.. but for the heart to conquer it. Rabindranath Tacore"

No comments: