Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year..

December 31st was my friend Terry' s birthday. So we went to visit her Mom for lunch over in Lake City. Then we bought some munchies, rented a couple movies and stayed safley at home for New Year's Eve. Nancy came over and we had a quiet night. It has been a while since I did the big celebration for New Year's. It is just too crazy out there! I used to set up a party at home for the kids & I. Brian usually works. We would make popcorn, drink soda and watch the festivities on TV. The kids always thought it was great because they got to stay up late.
2005 was a hard year. Brian's father passed away on April 1st, then Kierra was killed November 13th.
I am glad we had a big wedding for Brianne in June. It helps keep it from being overshadowed so much by all the sadness. I know there are good memories from the year past, but it is hard to see through the pain right now. Brianne & I went on the Geronimo Slingshot at Wild Adventuers. She got to pull the rip cord at 380 feet in the air. It was a fun experience and it was great to share it with her. I am trying to "live" along with the rest of the living. Some days it is easier than others..

No comments: