Sunday, January 29, 2006

From Thursday, Jan. 26th....

Not guilty.. That is what the lawyer entered for Salim Ghazi's plea in court today. We knew he would. Ghazi didn't show up for court, he got a waiver. I didn't go to see him anyway. I don't feel the need to ever see him. Not in person. His face is in my night mares, I 'll never be able to forget what he looks like. His attorney wouldn't even look at us. It could have been the large buttons we wore with Kierra's picture on them. The hearing was a formality, we didn't have to be there, but we both felt like we wanted to represent Kierra, even if just by our presence.
It left me in a funk for the rest of the day. Brian & I went to a Phillipine Bakery and got soem steamed rolls (Shopau?). We used to get them from a woman in England when we lived there (Hers were better!). The kids used to love eating them. Hunter has never had them before, I will let you know what he thinks! We wanted some Lumpia too so the Bakery guy recommended a Phillipine Cuisine place accross the way. We got the Lumpia and some noodles (Pasau?). I guess it was our form of comfort food.
I picked Hunter up from Pre-K and we delivered invitations for the twin's birthday. Just trying to get back some type of "normal". But the day seemed clouded over, even with the sun shining.
I can't get used to the ever present pain of it. It may seem dulled at times, but it is always there, just beneath the surface.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

What?!?! he just gets to walk away??? That is so cruelly unfair!