Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Unexpected..

I ran into an old friend of Kie's the other day. I was in a store and as he walked by with a stack of boxes in his hand we both noticed each other. It took a couple seconds, then we both said "Oh My God!" He dropped the boxes on the floor and gave me a big hug. We caught up on several things, and of course talked about the twins. I was able to talk about Kie without breaking down in tears. She cared for him alot. I know for a time she even wished they could be more than friends. I wonder sometimes how different things would have been for her. We can all look back at our lives and wonder what if. There are so many different paths to choose from. We never know exactly where they will take us. Sometimes the best looking path turns out to be the worst. And other times, the rockier path takes us to the most beautiful places. It felt good to see her friend, good to share her with him for a few minutes. It was unexpected, which is how she comes to me alot lately. In unexpected places, in unexpected ways...

No comments: